Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

BG Toy Collector's Thread

I've seen people post pics of their stuff in various other threads, but figured a centralized thread would be cool. I apologize in advance for some of the shitty pics. Feel free to post your toy collection! Anime, comic, action figures all welcome!

World of Nintendo collection, so far. Not pictured are a Diddy Kong and Peach I recently acquired. Some of these, the Walgreen's exclusives in particular, are a bitch to find!

Spoiler: show

WoN 4'' figures. Metallic Samus and Tanooki Mario are otw. Would LOVE the Metroid 6'' figure!

Amiibo collection.

Gravity Falls. Because I love this show. There's one more mini figure pack I need.

Chrono Trigger Formation Arts. The pride of my collection. Just missing Marle, which wasn't included in the set.

Wife's Final Fantasy Coca-Cola figurines

Wife's Play Arts Final Fantasy figures (Big Boss and Levi cameo)

Wife's Heavensward "shrine". She's more of a loyal player than I.

Wife's Tamashii Buddies Sailor Moon collection I got her. Need two more!

Various Full Metal Alchemist figures plus a couple of randoms

FREE!, Card Captor Sakura, Evangelion, and a random figure I picked up at a comic shop in FL.

Misc. Gifts we've received. Adventure Time POP! and Happy Meal toys, Game of Thrones Mini POP!, various others.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i hope you have a strict "do not throw things in the house" rule

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Haha just the wife and I. No kiddos. We lock the room whenever my nephews come over. One of them grabbed a WoN figure off the wall the other day after sneaking in. Mrs told him he can't open those, to which he replied "why?". Kids, I tell ya!

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Awesome. I got some of my Amiibos hanging on the wall. Got everything nib except what was released today and the mii fighters pack as well as a baseball bat display of duplicate Amiibos like ness, charizard, etc in there

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

While they just sit in boxes, I love my dvd cases, cds, and even have cassettes still. I started buying pc games in physical form if I can get my hands on them as well just for the art even if it's only the cover. GTA V included some good stuff. And most PC games have the drm code so you do not need to install via disc anyways.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I collect Legos. Kinda. I build them, and then take them apart and build them into more interesting things; aint about that new-in-box scene. Been kinda in a slump lately, though. My collection is large enough and old enough that I really need to go through and sort it in order to properly make use of it, but sorting is fucking boring, and I've been keeping busy with FFXIV and RL, so it's just sitting there being a mess.

Been working on some plans for a large space ship. Haven't really started on it; built a prototype for the mechanical power cores, but it needs some refinement and I'm running into the aforementioned issue of needing to sort my collection so I can friggen find anything.

Don't have any recent pics and the old ones are hosted on lolphotobucket so awkward to share. I should set up an instagram or something, once I get back into building.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I collect Legos. Kinda. I build them, and then take them apart and build them into more interesting things; aint about that new-in-box scene. Been kinda in a slump lately, though. My collection is large enough and old enough that I really need to go through and sort it in order to properly make use of it, but sorting is fucking boring, and I've been keeping busy with FFXIV and RL, so it's just sitting there being a mess.

Been working on some plans for a large space ship. Haven't really started on it; built a prototype for the mechanical power cores, but it needs some refinement and I'm running into the aforementioned issue of needing to sort my collection so I can friggen find anything.

Don't have any recent pics and the old ones are hosted on lolphotobucket so awkward to share. I should set up an instagram or something, once I get back into building.
    you and Tekki would be bros, he has a lego addiction as well

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

haha yeah i think we've geek'd out about it a few times when it comes up.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i play warhammer 40k. i have...a lot of shit.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Did somebody mention Lego?

Made this last year.

Part of the collection:

(Did not design that Mustang myself, model from a famous Lego builder: Sheepo)
    I build some stuff myself, but I like the official sets too.

Desk drawers house my "old" Lego, on the desk I bought a couple of small cabinets to sort modern Lego.

Been working on this the past few months:

Arkham Knight Batmobile. So far it's a failure, have to redesign the whole mechanism for the drivetrain (done), steering (and done) and the mechanism when it switches to "battle mode" (not done) since it is too weak to function.

More pics on BG bucket of random stuff I made.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

looks fuckin badass though, daaaaamn

i'll probably end up sorting as i dismantle currently assembled kits, and just kinda sort the old stuff as i use it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks. I will finish it, just need a functional idea for that freaking battle mode that works with the steering modes.

Sorting Lego is always a chore, but organized Lego is the best. As a kid I had a storing system as well, but that went belly up over the years and me caring less for Lego. So when I picked up my old Lego from storage a few years ago I spend about 2 weeks sorting and cleaning all my old Lego, but it was worth it. New stuff was pretty easy to sort once I chose a system. Lego's current colour coding helped as well.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Hmm... I looked it up, watched a gameplay video... that shit's gonna be tough. I saw a video of a Starcraft Seige Tank that might be helpful, though.

Here we go, I found two!

I'm a novice when it comes to freebuilding with Technic, but I'm thinking you could have the suspension/vertical sway be a pair of those hip-joint-mounted spars instead of technic beams, mounted in parallel so that they maintain the vertical orientation, and then set up another set of arms around that in a horizontal orientation, using normal technic beams, for the outward turning mechanism of the battle mode. Again mounted in parallel, so they don't mess with your wheel flipping mechanism. but man, i can't think of a way to keep that from getting super bulky.

edit: hmm no nevermind, that would lock the vertical movement. maybe you could mount the whole thing on a ball joint, then just push it around with actuators? but you'd need to have the actuators free to rotate as well. jesus, that's tricky. hmm. you could mount each actuator to a free-spinning bracket, i guess, since each one would only need to spin along one axis.

edit2: here we go: part 41678. maybe put one of those on each end of the actuator, and only hook one connector in so they can rotate freely? idk man, that's quite the problem.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yup, it's a fun problem. And to make it more fun, I don't want to use actuators.

The one problem I need to figure out for battle mode is to keep the steering straight. Since the first version failed where drive and steering is above each wheel, the new plan is to power each wheel and put the steering on the side and use the top of the wheel arch to brace it better. The right and left side of the vehicle get their own steering box (based on the upcoming Claas set of which somebody reverse engineered the steering mechanism already). These 2 boxes slight outwards for battle mode. To keep the steering straight I can do the arm extension like in the game, but I am doubtful I can brace that method well enough and execute an arm extension and then have it move outward so I get the least amount of unwanted friction, because those bike wheels are pretty much glued to the ground in that double setup.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

That shit looks sick, Appie. Nice cars, too! Keep the pics coming, guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Nice collections. While I don't collect anything (too broke), I always aspired to have a huge anime statues collection. However, since they do nothing but look nice and give me geek cred, I couldn't justify owning so many to myself. The few things I do have (not pictured, because they're at my parents' house currently) are FFXI Tarutaru figure set, a few FF Monsters avatars (Phoenix, Shiva, Leviathan) and a few other assorted chibi figures I picked up at cons or anime stores & Rurouni Kenshin statues from back when I was obsessed with it.

One thing I did collect in childhood were My Little Ponies. Between my sister and I, we collected probably around 150 of them. So many times I've thought about fetching them out of storage, cleaning them up and selling them, but it's such a big job I haven't done it yet. I probably will someday.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

oh man, no actuators! Hand operated, then?

jesus, i hadn't seen the claas set. that's friggen awesome. i want one! those wheels are badass, and the steering mechanism... hnnnng. Hmm. so the problem is that when you transition to battle mode, the wheels stay aligned with the spars and not the main body of the vehicle, right? could you maybe mount the steering mechanism separately from the arm? like, just kinda riding on top of the armature, free-swivel? that would let you set up a secondary mechanism to keep the primary mechanism oriented properly.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not hand operated, will be remote controlled by power functions. Actuators are slow and I only need a movement of 1.5/2 studs for the desired look. The wheels need to align themselves straight after the transformation so I can have the same steering angles as when the model is in pursuit mode. To reduce friction during the transformation I will turn them as close to 90 degrees as I can, which is the easy part since that angle is already in place for the zero degree turn. The steering mechanism will be separate from the arm, since it failed in the first version when it was controlled from the arm. All the arm will do now is look pretty, be braced to hell and maybe extend.

I also got the 5 FFXI tarus and the cast of FF13 including Shiva and Odin. No pics atm.

edit:

(yup, that's an IKEA Billy)

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

oh, you could use pneumatic actuators, then.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pneumatic actuators in this case are even worse than linear actuators, since it involves a compressor, autovalve (since the model will be RC) and tubing just to get the arms to go in an X formation? The actual mechanism for going X isn't the problem, I have plenty of solutions for that. The only solution I have for keeping the wheels the same distance from each other (and thereby keeping the wheels straight with little trouble) is to have the arms extend like in the game. I just don't know if I can make this sturdy enough. The new outrigger parts from the 42043 Mercedes Benz Arocs might be useful for this though when embedded in the arms (don't want to see the red obviously). I will continue actually working on it in about a week or so, so we'll see then.