1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XIV 7.0: Dawntrail - Summer 2024

SQUARE ENIX® is today announcing Dawntrail™, the fifth and latest expansion pack for its critically acclaimed MMO, FINAL FANTASY™ XIV Online, set to launch in Summer 2024.

The expansion was first revealed by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida during his keynote address at the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas, alongside a new teaser trailer offering a taste of the adventures to come as the Warrior of Light ventures to the New World, Tural for the first time.

The new expansion will bring an abundance of fresh content, including an increased level cap, multiple new jobs, sprawling new areas, new allied tribes, new dungeons, and new core battle content such as FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts, and sidequests, and much more. Some of the features players can look forward to include:
    • Journey to the New World, Tural, and its capital, Tuliyollal
    • Explore new areas, including the mountainous Urqopacha and the forest of Yak T’el
    • New Allied Tribes, including the diminutive Pelupelu who wear distinctive masks and inhabit Urqopacha
    • Level Cap increase from 90 to 100
    • Multiple New Jobs
    • Core Battle Content including FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts and Sidequests
    • New Dungeons
    • New Threats, including Valigarmanda
    • Duty Support Update
    • New Gear and Recipes
    • Expansive New Lifestyle Content
    • New Variant Dungeons, Alliance Raid, 8-Player Raid and Ultimate Raid
    • PvP Update
    • Ongoing Content Updates, including a Blue Mage Update, Inconceivably Further Hildibrand Adventures, New Plans for Deep Dungeons and a Gold Saucer Update

In addition to these features, Dawntrail will introduce the game’s first graphical update for both character and world visuals, including:
    • Improvements to screen-wide aesthetic appeal
    • Higher resolution textures and shadows
    • Improved material qualities

Also in the keynote, it was revealed the existing FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial would be expanded even further during Patch 6.5. When it launches, the Even Further Expanded Free Trial will add all the content from the Stormblood™ expansion (and updates through Patch 4.58), including the Red Mage and Samurai playable jobs, and allow newcomers to venture all the way up to level 70 with no limits on play time.

In a surprise announcement, Yoshida was joined onstage during the keynote by CEO of Microsoft Gaming Phil Spencer to confirm the long-awaited Xbox version of the critically acclaimed MMO will be launching on Xbox Series X|S in Spring 2024, with an open beta starting during the Patch 6.5x series. The digital-only release will also enjoy 4K support on Xbox Series X.

Finally, Yoshida revealed an upcoming collaboration with Mediatonic’s party royale obstacle course smash hit Fall Guys. The “Warriors of Light Fame Pass” is set to release in Fall Guys on August 22, 2023, with a new Fall Guys-inspired Gold Saucer attraction arriving in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online as part of the Patch 6.5x series.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/dawntrail/
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...03d473c065e893
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...c270e296cc4666

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twinfinite.net/news/final-fa...evel-cap-more/

As Yoshi-P calls it, this “Journey of Discovery” will take the Scions far West to the land of Tural, where there apparently is a fabled “City of Gold”. It seemingly connects to some sort of “contest.”

Going forward, Yoshi-P revealed the new Hub City of Tural, which is called Tuliyollal. It serves as the seat of the federal nation-state of Tural, in the northern area of the Western continent.

Along with plenty more major cities to come in future content, furthermore, there will be an abundance of new characters introduced, such as Tuliyollal’s ruler Gulool Ja Ja, who is a two-headed Mamool Ja.

New areas to explore around the city of Tuliyollal include Urqopacha, which is apparently home to the biggest races of Tural, such as Giants, as well as its smallest races.

Another major area shown off with artwork and screenshots is the dual-leveled region of Yak T’el, which is apparently home to the Mamool Ja as well as Tural’s Hrothgar population. It will feature a dense forest area down below, with underground wells and springs, as well as what looks like the city that lives above it all.

The presentation then moved on to Allied Tribes coming in the new expansion, with just one being spoiled off the bat. Known as the Pelu-Pelu, they inhabit the area of Urqopacha and are one of the smaller races particularly notable for their face masks. They’re avid entrepreneurs that specialize in certain goods such as coffees and teas.

Yoshi-P noted that the expansion will start with two new jobs, per tradition, and they will be one Melee DPS job and one Magic Caster DPS job.

Next on the docket was new Dungeons, with one major artwork shown above. He noted that said dungeons are still very much under development, so there were no screenshots or footage to show yet. However, he decided to show at least one of the boss threats players will take on at some point in the story, known as Valigarmanda.

Further on, Yoshi-P mentioned there were will be plenty of new updates to Duty Support, countless new gear sets and recipes for all classes, as well as “expansive new lifestyle content”. This hearkens back to the introduction of the very well-received Island Sanctuary content, and he promised that more new content within the same vein will be added in 7.0.

Alongside all of that will of course be new Variant Dungeons, new Alliance Raids, plenty of new 8-player Raids, and at least one new Ultimate Raid.

Further system updates include some notable changes like being able to dye gear pieces two different colors instead of one. Glamour savants will definitely be happy for that, as well as the ability to wear glasses along with a headpiece. The limit cap on furnishings for homes will also increase.

Raiders can now rejoice as there will be a new Strategy Board system introduced that allows raid groups to map out the mechanics of difficult battles before diving into the fight.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There's a Famitsu interview where almost all the media questions got translated. The main tibit that's important (to me) is that they haven't given up on forays entirely. Whether it's coming in 7.0 or not is still up in the air though.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...hf7ha-lbQ&s=19

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The New World is cool, kind of surprised it's that and not Meracydia though. It's been mentioned way more often than the western continent.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    The New World is cool, kind of surprised it's that and not Meracydia though. It's been mentioned way more often than the western continent.
    There's a possibility we might still go there. Stormblood was split between Ala Mhigo and Doma after all. Though I personally don't expect us to go there this expansion. Might get more hints about what's going on there while we're in Tural.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Watched some of the old trailers. And goddamn, the change in tone is huge. Not complaining. Its so nice to feel like we're going for a nice little vacation adventure after a decade of heartbreak and universal threats.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s kind of a meme but everyone is saying this is XIV’s beach episode

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was thinking about the whole scions splitting up into sides in the story here and they better not pit me up against Y'shtola or I'll rage

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Been seeing some people speculating that since Alphinaud was not specifically shown in the teaser trailer that he might be job changing to one of the new jobs and they are saving that reveal for one of the future fan fests. Maybe he finally got tired of being a healer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alphinaud already changing his job doesn't make sense to me. People have been speculating about Krile for a long time, since she's said to have an important role in this expansion.

He also is in the trailer, albeit you're not gonna see him watching normally - if you pause when it zooms out of the ship at the end of the teaser you see him standing next to WoL.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Welp thatll be my new job

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

so, guesses on enemies we may see, I HAVE to assume we'll see Shadow Lord, Kam'lunaut/Eald'narche, and maybe Promathia as the final bosses of the raids, since the final bosses of the other expansions/Rhapsodies are less memorable, I mean, Hades and Cloud of Darkness? would be silly imo to use them or Alexander.

I honestly just want to see Lion again, maybe Prishe/Ulmia, and Selh'teus would be cool also :O

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Put that shit in my veins

Unfortunately it’s gonna be two years plus before the final raid comes out, damn I’ll be 41 then better start hitting the gym

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The xi collab announcement and gabranth job have been too much for my blood pressure

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wonder if they will finally confirm my theory that Vanadiel is one of the remaining shards. Hell, the 11th shard still exists and it’d be too perfect

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

11th had a shadowlord according to one of the encyclopedia eorzea books

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did they announce what the new 8 man raid series is going to be? Or saving that for JP fan fest?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Welp thatll be my new job

I’m just noticing the art of the dragon/snake thing and after watching some of the animations it’s making me think Ranjit from Shadowbringers might have been the inspiration for this

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The "Echoes" part makes me think it might be shard related. I only hope that they take a note from the Ivalice raid series when it comes to difficulty and not the Myth of the Realm series. Overall, EU fanfest has been a bust tbh. My copium jar ran dry at the lack of a new foray announcement.

I know the vocal hardcore minority thumping their chest about wanting more difficult stuff is the meme nowadays, but they're not SE's target audience and things more akin to the EW series should probably be the expectation going forward. Not just for in the moment, but when even this line gets old, crusty, and repetitive. Because timeouts, post-wipe abandons, or people quitting the moment precisely because it's "the hard one" isn't really conducive to things getting done for PUGs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag