+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Demosthenes11

Salvage!

Edit: lol just go here

Topic dedicated to salvage; How to start, what to do, any info at all

Requirements:
    1. Must be past ToAU mission 17 (right after you get glory crown ganked from you).
    2. Speak to Zasshal in Whitegate (right outside assault office).
    3. Trade him 2000 assault points, which can be taken from any assault, you are then given a Remnants Permit.
    4. Unlock Nyzul Isle Staging Point (map found below).
    5. Can teleport to any of the salvage areas from there. Also must have 6-18 people in party to enter.

To get to salvage

I might have confused both teleport on east side, I'm gonna go check after this post to make sure.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/488/alzqc3.jpg
    Note: Bhaflau and Zhaolym are switched

Basically, any entrance to the ruin, minus the one West of nashmau is going to lead you to a teleport that bring you to the Remnant entrance. If you take the bright teleport near the entrance, it will teleport you to the central area of Undersea ruin with 4 teleports and the stagging point

Salvage
    Everyone is completely naked when you enter, and all stats are greatly reduced. Also, all magic and Job abilities are locked. They are unlocked or restored only with items found from mobs throughout salvage, and only unlock it for one person. These are the ____ cell items. I believe each one corresponds to one thing, so I can update as we figure them out.

Different unlocks: HP, MP, STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, INT, MND, CHR, Subjobs, Spells, Job Abilities, Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Head/Neck, Earrings/Rings, Body, Hands, Waist/Back, Legs/Feet

Duplicatus cell = support job
    Praecipitatio cell = magic
    Nimbus Cell = AGI (fairly certain)
    Costenellus Cell (sp) = Head/Neck pieces
    Cumulus cell = Body armor
    Cirrocumulus cell = waist piece
    Virga cell = rings/earrings
    Undulatus cell = ranged attack

Medicine items also seem to be prevalent in salvage, with items such as Dusty Potions (300 HP heal) and Fanatic's Drink (Temporary Invincible).

Mobs at the start have seriosly no HP and no evasion. You can H2H them, they will die quickly. Bombs are perfect targets, they dont hit hard and arnt really that bad. There seems to be trigger NMs to open doors but we arnt really sure sence the name didnt change. We would get messages like "The door is sealed..." then would go back and kill a mob and the doors would unlock. Usually the "trigger mobs" are in a room by themselves but nothing really special about them.

Tips for Salvage thus far:

We tried arrapago one, but didnt manage to get far. Here is a few tip of thing you want to do

-Bring Mnk for the first part when everyone is naked with nothing else but fist

- Pull them one by one

- Don't train to look for chest, item are dropped by mobs

- Monster get much tougher on higher floor, so dont zone until you are ready, or you will be stuck there

- You can only go up the teleport, cant come back. Everyone is teleported as you zone[/quote]

- Bring at least one reraiser (item)

- loldrg and lolpup work well for the first few floors since they have a buddy that can do most of the damage!

Will continue updating

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Found entrance going in now wish us luck :3

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    Found entrance going in now wish us luck :3
    thx for info

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Anyone know the exact requirements? Some people cant get CS@Zashaal but are further Mercenary Rank than me. So it looks like ToAU Storyline Progress? But how far?

Undersea Ruins does not appear to be far enough.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Anyone know the exact requirements? Some people cant get CS@Zashaal but are further Mercenary Rank than me. So it looks like ToAU Storyline Progress? But how far?

Undersea Ruins does not appear to be far enough.

Beating Ashu talif is probably it if you tell me having access to alzadal isnt enough

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

To get to salvage

I might have confused both teleport on east side, I'm gonna go check after this post to make sure.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/488/alzqc3.jpg

Basically, any entrance to the ruin, minus the one West of nashmau is going to lead you to a teleport that bring you to the Remnant entrance. If you take the bright teleport near the entrance, it will teleport you to the central area of Undersea ruin with 4 teleport and the stagging point

For Salvage

We tried arrapago one, but didnt manage to get far. Here is a few tip of thing you want to do

-Bring Mnk for the first part when everyone is naked with nothing else but fist

- Pull them one by one

- Don't train to look for chest, item are dropped by mobs

- Monster get much tougher on higher floor, so dont zone until you are ready, or you will be stuck there

- You can only go up the teleport, cant come back. Everyone is teleported as you zone

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

EDIT: NEED TO BE PAST WHAT WE ASSUME WAS MISSION 15

Okay we just got out, I gotta say this is hands down the most fun event I have ever done. We did Bhaf Thickets. I will do my best to write a guide, sence this was our first run my observations may be off.

First off, you start with nothing, don't buff outside it all wears off. You have HP down no weapons no armor and totaly nakkid no spells nothing.. Mobs at the start have seriosly no HP and no evasion. You can H2H them, they will die quickly. Bombs are perfect targets, they dont hit hard and arnt really that bad. There seems to be trigger NMs to open doors but we arnt really sure sence the name didnt change. We would get messages like "The door is sealed..." then would go back and kill a mob and the doors would unlock. Usually the "trigger mobs" are in a room by themselves but nothing really special about them.

Each mob drops about 3-9 differnt things sometimes poping a box afterwards. The things let you use armor/etc. There was a trend tho I didnt document them all, it seemed like wompa's dropped armor while bombs dropped weapons etc. You wont see any "Abilitys" or "Spell" ones till the second floor tho which totaly sucks. Make sure your mages bring a club because they going to melee for a LONG-LONG time.

Also, in the chest, there are things that will help you, example Strange Milk is a regen effect, Dusty Potion is a 300+ HP cure[comes in so help full ><]

We didnt get any gear drops, but never got to any bosses because we were exploring and trying to find thins out insted of zerging to the bosses[or what we assumed was a boss.(huge room on the map)]

The things that allow you to unlock gear/spells/etc -ARE- trade-able, bazaarable and maybe even Ahable you CAN take them out of the BC area.

When a member of your group clicks a porter it takes up the whole group, reguardless of were they are in the zone, even if they are dead they are pulled up the porter, use this to your advantage.

Thats about all I can think of, if you have any questions by all means ask. I will awnser to the best of my ability.

Banned.

BG Level

The article said all the healer things you get will have no effect after you reenter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

your zhaylolm and bhaflau are mixed up

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    maybe, but we went thru bhaflau to get there tho i guess thatd make sence why we were fighting bombs and womaras and... trolls...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Hmm, you certain? I asked one alliance which one it was, and they told me zhayolm ( I assumed last one was bhaflau). Well, I will change it, not like this mspaint job took me more than 8 seconds >_>

Did Silver Sea path. Seems when you pick one route, the other route closes up. Ashu Talif Crew on the first floor, each dropped 3-5 unlock items. Second floor more Crew with more HP and a couple Imps. It seems you might be able to just sneak past the Crew with sneak/silent oil but I didn't confirm that myself. Third floor has Archaic Gears and an NM Imp named Devilet who flee- and teleport-hacks. Unlike the other floors, it doesn't seem like you can train past them, as there was a door or something on the other end that it wouldn't open for one of our alliance members. We're speculating that Devilet is the boss for that floor or something. We weren't able to find out however, as we had massive Gear aggro and timed out lol.

I don't know if the other zones are like this, but it seemed like it might have been better to go with a small group of 6-10. Will take longer to kill at first, but everyone gets ungimped faster, and there's less confusion about what to do and what to lot, etc. I'd say if you have 6-10 trusted, skilled friends just go with them instead of inviting random shouters to beef up your ally. We went with 15, all from my LS or someone's friend, and it was still pretty hectic and difficult to coordinate.

Edit: Oh nobody else has mentioned the breakdown of restoral items:

HP, MP, STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, INT, MND, CHR, Subjobs, Spells, Job Abilities, Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Head/Neck, Earrings/Rings, Body, Hands, Waist/Back, Legs/Feet

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The requirement to get Zashaal to listen to you is completion of mission 17 (after you get your Glory Crown stolen) with Mission 18: Passing Glory in the mission log. I was on mission 14 after the update and this is the earliest he would talk to me.

I was in Suiram's group when I went on this. I have to strongly agree that it is better to do this with 6-10 well trusted people.

Select an exact order of people for priority before going in. Everything should be going to only a couple people in the begining IMO. We got a lot of equipment unlocks, but most of them where going to mages who couldn't even cast spells yet. -_- As much as it sucked to sit around being a completely useless mage who can't cast, equipment should go to those would actually get use from it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Hmm, you certain? I asked one alliance which one it was, and they told me zhayolm ( I assumed last one was bhaflau). Well, I will change it, not like this mspaint job took me more than 8 seconds >_>
    I went to it twice after my alliance who ran off ahead of me said they were at bhaflau.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Did anyone get drops, if so which and where? I can't decide what to think about how it works, haha

Maybe each set drops in a different zone with one zone without that specific set? Such as Enyo dropping in Zhaolym, Phobos in Bhaflau, and Deimos in Arrapago Remants while Silversea doesnt drop anything for our heavy melee friends?

Or maybe it's completly random who knows. >_> Just curious.

Also I don't remember the exact words of the update notes. Do you clear one area and advance to another? Like beat Bhaflau Remants then you're able to enter Bhaflau Lv2 or whatever? <.< Or are these four it?

Who knows, it's late and I'm tired D:

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Did anyone get drops, if so which and where? I can't decide what to think about how it works, haha

Maybe each set drops in a different zone with one zone without that specific set? Such as Enyo dropping in Zhaolym, Phobos in Bhaflau, and Deimos in Arrapago Remants while Silversea doesnt drop anything for our heavy melee friends?

Or maybe it's completly random who knows. >_> Just curious.

Also I don't remember the exact words of the update notes. Do you clear one area and advance to another? Like beat Bhaflau Remants then you're able to enter Bhaflau Lv2 or whatever? <.< Or are these four it?

Who knows, it's late and I'm tired D:
    My guess: It's like city dynamis, to where 3/4 cities drop "your gear."
    I will be going tomorrow, as I couldn't tonight =\

Can't update now either cuz calculus owns my soul, but I will tomorrow when I get home.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I went to it twice after my alliance who ran off ahead of me said they were at bhaflau.
    I can further confirm that Bhaflau and Zhaolym are switched >_>

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My group did Bhaflau. Like others before me have said, bringing jobs that can use Hand-To-Hand really help in the beginning.

On the first floor we fought a bunch of Puks that dropped the item that unlocked weapons/shields. We also fought a Mamool that dropped a chest that contained Dusty Potions (300 HP heal) and Fanatic's Drink (Temporary Invincible). We got 1 item that let you get job abilities back and 1 that let you get your subjob back from the Puks. The drop rate on these 2 items seemed really low.

Second floor was a bunch of lizards that dropped the item for hands and body. Doors were sealed, so we went down another floor.

Fought some Mamool Ja WHMs but fucked up a pull and ended up wiping.

On that note, it's advisable that people bring Reraisers. The actual item, not the gorget or the hairpin since you cannot equip them right away. We didn't stop to think of that and our run ended when our only guy with Raise died. =/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Reraise is a great item for salvage, I can think of three possible RR for each person:

Reraiser (RR1)
    Hi-Reraiser (RR2)
    Scroll of Instant Reraise

You can bring all three of these for a total of 3 RR. ^^

On our run we brought silent oil and prism powder, and it worked on all mobs except the robot types on the last two floors (truesight/sound not sure)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

no one should should need more than 1 reraise

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast