Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
    Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The comments on that Destructoid article are hilarious.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of the Apathy glitch situation.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well, so much for ever owning Shenlong's Baghnakhs.

Edit: This thread made me start to eat my own flesh. Fuck you, SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before...

Can you possibly CFH intentionally on the early forms of Pande Warden? I'm not sure how it dies then repops as something else. If you were to CFH on it to multi-alliance kill it, when it dies, maybe it repops normally? I know if you kill Olla Media CFH, Olla Grande pops normally un-CFH. This could potentially save time.

Only problem with this is good luck testing this since if it's wrong you would blow the set. =/
    I said don't ask about how our second PW went!....

This is what happened: We popped our second PW in order to test out the title theory a couple of weeks before BTL's attempt. As previously mentioned, the title theory did not work. We were planning for the marathon if the titles didn't work so we continued on. We were on the Gurfurlur form when someone accidentally called for help on PW itself rather than a lamp. We considered logging out to reset the CFH status but we decided to just kill it in CFH mode to test the very idea Kaeko mentioned above. Can you call for help on PW's non-dvergr forms and kill it and progress normally? The answer was no. When PW(Gurfurlur form) died in CFH mode, it died permanently. PW did not repop in dvergr mode and continue his tyranny.

Furthermore, Apathy's PW goes on to prove that logging and resetting the CFH on PW does not work. Once you CFH on PW, it's game over. You have just lost your pop set. I guess we're making some progress on how/how to now fight PW at least...

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

New method of griefing! Wait for PW to turn yellow after the 10th hour, then CFH on them.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl View Post
    I said don't ask about how our second PW went!...
    Why would you keep it to yourself? :/ So, no CFH to get the assistance of the server.

(Hell, that would be awesome to have a NM that pretty much needs to be CFH and killed repeatedly by everyone you could gather on the server and only worked on in its last form by the ally that originally popped it... BUT, oh well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Minimaru View Post
    Additional info.. we've been fighting 7hrs and made it up to form 7, or it would've been 8 if it didn't decide to glitch up, not too bad? I guess. I'm tired.
    Purely from an observatory standpoint, just to show how stupidly ridiculous this fight is.

For us, the last 4 fights (before the final form) took 2 to as much as 4 times as long as the first 15. Mostly because the last few forms (Vampyr, Hydra, Khim, Cerb) all have something ridiculously hard and/or time consuming about them:

- Vampyr's imp lamps make it just about impossible for tanks to live as long as before, as they run extremely fast, meaning you may have to wipe and restart more than one time.
    - Vampyr himself takes a while to kill with his black magic resistance and constant AoE drain spam and single target high-damage drain attack.
    - Hydra's dragons have the worst AoE, giving a lot of problems to crowds.
    - Hydra himself never lose's heads (so he keeps the high regen), takes near-zilch for BLM damage, and owns the crap out of melees too. Making it a very long fight.
    - Khim's puks run fast and unlike imps don't stop to cast, combined with their AoE they're even more of a threat and will result in multiple wipes. Especially combined with Khim's faster-than-normal movement speed.
    - Khim himself always has wings up, and can always use Fullimation, but is not easily stunned.

Etcetcetc.

Anyway, point I'm getting towards is that considering the killspeed on those NMs, you would be looking at about a 30-35+ hour fight... Which speaks even more to how ridiculous this is.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I wonder if PW will ever be fixed?

My money is on PW staying "ToAU's AV", unbeatable by anyone and given BS tips about how to kill by SE over the next few years. Now let's see if WoTG gets it's own AV.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    their strat for killing lamps is kinda good...

pld gets hate, runs away, someone cfh on lamps and blm and rdm nuke the lamps to death. I suggested a friend to try to -aga them because the lamps have hate shared with pw, he did and got owned.
    but later on they were using -gas to speed up and it was working fine.

/Pictures/

wtf, imageshack resized 2 of the imgs.. im lazy and i wont post again lol
    Are/Did they approach the fight in a similar fashion to JoL and its sharks only on a bigger scale? asin have one group foccused on PW and annother on its lamps?.

If you CFH on the lamps does it trigger CFH on PW ? or would it be possible to have a whole bunch of people there specificaly for the lamps, possibly making it "easier" for the alliance fighting PW (I couldn't find any info on whether the lamps of the forms leading to PW repop or not) I know that this would not make it a fast fight or even a shorter fight but it may relieve some of the stress upon players.

Blackice

So I sent Kotaku and email last night...

http://kotaku.com/5036371/final-fant...-hours-to-beat

Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    If you CFH on the lamps does it trigger CFH on PW ? or would it be possible to have a whole bunch of people there specificaly for the lamps, possibly making it "easier" for the alliance fighting PW (I couldn't find any info on whether the lamps of the forms leading to PW repop or not) I know that this would not make it a fast fight or even a shorter fight but it may relieve some of the stress upon players.
    It is possible to CFH on lamps.

Our DD ally was separate from the tank PT, no reason to keep them together. For a while we didn't have anymore than the DDs in the main ally though, but we would CFH anyway... And down the road we had more than an alliance of DDs/support.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's all just a misunderstanding. http://science.slashdot.org/article..../08/11/2252258 Maybe this genetic glitch doesn't affect all of Japan but it sure as hell affects SE.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl View Post
    I said don't ask about how our second PW went!....

This is what happened: We popped our second PW in order to test out the title theory a couple of weeks before BTL's attempt. As previously mentioned, the title theory did not work. We were planning for the marathon if the titles didn't work so we continued on. We were on the Gurfurlur form when someone accidentally called for help on PW itself rather than a lamp. We considered logging out to reset the CFH status but we decided to just kill it in CFH mode to test the very idea Kaeko mentioned above. Can you call for help on PW's non-dvergr forms and kill it and progress normally? The answer was no. When PW(Gurfurlur form) died in CFH mode, it died permanently. PW did not repop in dvergr mode and continue his tyranny.

Furthermore, Apathy's PW goes on to prove that logging and resetting the CFH on PW does not work. Once you CFH on PW, it's game over. You have just lost your pop set. I guess we're making some progress on how/how to now fight PW at least...
    To further quantify the titles used in the PW-popping Ally: 4 chariot titles, 4 'generals quests' titles, 3 beastman kings titles, 2 besieged/astral candy return titles, elite einherjar, and cerb/khim/hydra.

I think the most interesting thing from my point of view is why our first attempt had only Medusa from the beastman kings, then went to generals. The way I see it, it can boil down a couple of reasons. First being that the 3 beastman kings and 5 generals are part of the same 'group' and can pop randomly like that. Second being that we did something which skipped 2 beastman kings. I would not go into any PW attempt at this point assuming #2 can be replicated.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

We never killed pandemonium warden, it used mijin gakure, and didn't come back, that is different than killing a mob which was call for helped, and then taken off call for help. We fought to 3~5%hp, and it used 2hr, and did not return or get back up from the ground as any other NM does that uses mijin.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    We never killed pandemonium warden, it used mijin gakure, and didn't come back, that is different than killing a mob which was call for helped, and then taken off call for help. We fought to 3~5%hp, and it used 2hr, and did not return or get back up from the ground as any other NM does that uses mijin.
    The monster is functioning as intended, and they are unable to replace your Pandemonium Key at this time. If you'd like to leave a comment or suggestion, please go to playonline -> suggestions.

New Merits
    BG Level

Gulool Ja used Mijin for us at something like 3% and it didn't pop back up either. It just died and moved on to the next form. I don't think that's a bug at all, the fact the CFH wasn't erased when it went passive preventing the next form though seems like a serious issue that should be fixed.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

That'd be the shit if there was a trick to make it mijin gakure to skip forms.

To bad for depop.

Banned.

BG Level
    This stuff has got to be the stupidest FFXI-related argument I've ever stumbled upon, seriusly.

People with Maat's caps, relics, multiple 75's, million of gils by their names (many of which most likely earned bot’ting and cheating), thousands of merits, at least 400+ days (on average...) of actual playtime under their belts who've probably spent half of the past 5 years sitting on their asses in front of a monitor whilst attending the biggest weeaboo grindfest in the recent history of electronic entertainment...bitching about the lenght of a top-end boss fight, how deliciously ironic. If I was the SE representative who lurks on BG I'd kick their accounts in the troposphere for going overboard

If it's such a concern why didn’t they just ally with another linkshell and took shifts? Tell you what, this is just a bunch of dumbasses whose greed for in-game pixelated items has gotten out of hands. How about you stop being butthurt hypocrites just because you couldn't take it down instead, and stop craving for intarnetz notoriety while you're at it.

Also, who in their right mind would play a videogame to the point of getting phisically sick and start throwing up...they're even more retarded than I thought.

besides, who the fuck DOESN'T stay awake and active for more than 18 hours straight on saturday evning/monday morning whether they're playing FFXI or not; I would've understood if they gave up because it was getting overly boring but...what kind of pathetic spineless tool couldn't PHISICALLY handle something AS BASIC and EFFORTLESS as typing on a keyboard/looking at a screen, even if it was for whatever hours straight, I mean are you KIDDING me?

Just for the sake of comparison, I've recently worked on a research project on the OVID database (activity which is, intellectually wise, much more tiresome than playing fucking FFXI, trust me) for one of my classes for what...most likely 36~40 hours in a row (can't remember exactly, I just recall my notebook had just fried its motherboard vaporizing all the stuff I had been working for the previous 2 weeks and the paper was due a few days later) without sleeping,

then did my public presentation in front of the medical staff,

then worked 8 hours as usual

and then picked up my gf 40 miles away at which point I

proceeded to have the usual friday night (aperitif > dinner > cinema > club > sex > hazelnuts icecream, you get the point) and was feeling just fine before hitting the sack...and I'm no superman either.

These guys must’ve been seriously out of shape for someone who's supposed to be in their 20's (educated guess) and those who read these articles but aren’t actually into FFXI should realize that:

A. most of the people involved are either basement dwellers or insane JP Otaku who spend, on average, more than 10 hours/day playing their MMO’s ANYWAY and regardless which boss they’re fighting and that
    B. the aforementioned battle wasn’t even the longest ever reported, a couple of years ago some LS on Remora stalled Absolute Virtue for about 48 hr’s IN A ROW before taking it down

thus their complaints are totally out of place, besides no one has held a gun to their head intimating to fight Pandemonium that way either.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    This stuff has got to be the stupidest FFXI-related argument I've ever stumbled upon, seriusly.

People with Maat's caps, relics, multiple 75's, million of gils by their names (many of which most likely earned bot’ting and cheating), thousands of merits, at least 400+ days (on average...) of actual playtime under their belts who've probably spent half of the past 5 years sitting on their asses in front of a monitor whilst attending the biggest weeaboo grindfest in the recent history of electronic entertainment...bitching about the lenght of a top-end boss fight, how deliciously ironic. If I was the SE representative who lurks on BG I'd kick their accounts in the troposphere for going overboard

If it's such a concern why didn’t they just ally with another linkshell and took shifts? Tell you what, this is just a bunch of dumbasses whose greed for in-game pixelated items has gotten out of hands. How about you stop being butthurt hypocrites just because you couldn't take it down instead, and stop craving for intarnetz notoriety while you're at it.

Also, who in their right mind would play a videogame to the point of getting phisically sick and start throwing up...they're even more retarded than I thought.

besides, who the fuck DOESN'T stay awake and active for more than 18 hours straight on saturday evning/monday morning whether they're playing FFXI or not; I would've understood if they gave up because it was getting overly boring but...what kind of pathetic spineless tool couldn't PHISICALLY handle something AS BASIC and EFFORTLESS as typing on a keyboard/looking at a screen, even if it was for whatever hours straight, I mean are you KIDDING me?

Just for the sake of comparison, I've recently worked on a research project on the OVID database (activity which is, intellectually wise, much more tiresome than playing fucking FFXI, trust me) for one of my classes for what...most likely 36~40 hours in a row (can't remember exactly, I just recall my notebook had just fried its motherboard vaporizing all the stuff I had been working for the previous 2 weeks and the paper was due a few days later) without sleeping,

then did my public presentation in front of the medical staff,

then worked 8 hours as usual

and then picked up my gf 40 miles away at which point I

proceeded to have the usual friday night (aperitif > dinner > cinema > club > sex > hazelnuts icecream, you get the point) and was feeling just fine before hitting the sack...and I'm no superman either.

These guys must’ve been seriously out of shape for someone who's supposed to be in their 20's (educated guess) and those who read these articles but aren’t actually into FFXI should realize that:

A. most of the people involved are either basement dwellers or insane JP Otaku who spend, on average, more than 10 hours/day playing their MMO’s ANYWAY and regardless which boss they’re fighting and that
    B. the aforementioned battle wasn’t even the longest ever reported, a couple of years ago some LS on Remora stalled Absolute Virtue for about 48 hr’s IN A ROW before taking it down

thus their complaints are totally out of place, besides no one has held a gun to their head intimating to fight Pandemonium that way either.
    are you shitting me?

no seriously are you shitting me?

i hope this is a sarcasm joke post and I just been wooshed....

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

Well good for you BRP. You're clearly a far superior human being than us all. Lets just give you the prize of the ultimate champion of life.

and for the record, we don't bot or cheat - sorry to disappoint

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Heres a tl;dr version for you

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post

I > you people with no life

CRY MOAR
    i dont agree tho. we're all posting on BG lol.
    attempting to be holier than thou at this point is just childish