+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dead Fantasy 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: Dead Fantasy 2

The Matrix is a feature length film made with the intention of making money, this is a short movie made because some guy wanted to make it. I think in that alone there's a huge difference and no need for epic story lines or background info.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    The Matrix is a feature length film made with the intention of making money, this is a short movie made because some guy wanted to make it. I think in that alone there's a huge difference and no need for epic story lines or background info.
    Clearly he's found a captive audience. I just find it disappointing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Just once I'd like to see a full length feature film, 70-80 minutes long where you have 1 or 2 dudes fighting into an enemy stronghold for 40minutes, fight a minimegaboss to rescue some dude who got caught doing some shady shit then the 3 of them fight their way out for the rest of the film then fighting a megamegaboss at the exit of the stronghold. No dialogue apart from the occasional ugh ahh or hah. This sadly seems as close as I'm ever going to get.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jodwahh
    Just once I'd like to see a full length feature film, 70-80 minutes long where you have 1 or 2 dudes fighting into an enemy stronghold for 40minutes, fight a minimegaboss to rescue some dude who got caught doing some shady shit then the 3 of them fight their way out for the rest of the film then fighting a megamegaboss at the exit of the stronghold. No dialogue apart from the occasional ugh ahh or hah. This sadly seems as close as I'm ever going to get.
    That sounds pretty retarded.

Just saying.

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Intense
    Quote Originally Posted by evilbau
    Reminds me of Naruto more than anything (martial arts, elemental magic, ninja 'teleporting'). Good action but nothing substantial to say... nothing wrong with eye candy tho.
    Im suprised a Smash Brothers comparison hasnt been made yet!
    That Final Smash Rinoa did at the end was awesome:D!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Quote Originally Posted by Krye

Just saying.
    Kindly hand in your testicle's at the nearest depot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

that needs to be a fighting game -_- too cool

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Just saying.
    You might wanna watch out that he doesnt mistake depot for gradeschooler.

Banned.

BG Level

Just saying.
    My bad, you're right, stupid, pointless fighting wouldn't totally get boring after the first five minutes, we totally need three or four hours of it.

I love watching mindless shit.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    I find these really exhausting to watch, and I wonder "man...if this guy would put his efforts into...some sort of story in addition to just action for action's sake...why would he make another one just like the first...he should progress into more sophisticated animation endeavors since he clearly has talent" and then I read the replies accumulated this far and realize I'm the only one.

You're not the only one.

It seems like he could be capable of so much more, if he tried to expand his talents, and maybe team up with a decent writer.

Anyone who doesnt appreciate this for what it is, insanely good choreography and off the wall fight sequences, and is trying to feign some sort of deepness to their tastes can go jump infront of a bus.

What the hell would dialogue, purpose, or a writer do to change any of that fight? It is what it is, and just because you're halfway through the fight completely lost trying to find a reason for what's happening and can't comprehend that a reason isn't needed, isn't the creators fault. Accept things in context, in their own entirety, and realize that the potential for something before or after this in terms of storyline or dialogue shouldn't enhance or affect your view on it as it stands on its own.

Keep trying to trick yourself into thinking your tastes are above this type of "mindless action" and that you expect more from your action scenes and movies. In the end it's you who don't get the purpose and point of it, not us who can appreciate it for what it is. I wouldn't have posted something this hostile, but when I saw Krye take up the same view, I knew it had to be that of immense and utter fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole7
    Anyone who doesnt appreciate this for what it is, insanely good choreography and off the wall fight sequences, and is trying to feign some sort of deepness to their tastes can go jump infront of a bus.

What the hell would dialogue, purpose, or a writer do to change any of that fight? It is what it is, and just because you're halfway through the fight completely lost trying to find a reason for what's happening and can't comprehend that a reason isn't needed, isn't the creators fault. Accept things in context, in their own entirety, and realize that the potential for something before or after this in terms of storyline or dialogue shouldn't enhance or affect your view on it as it stands on its own.

Keep trying to trick yourself into thinking your tastes are above this type of "mindless action" and that you expect more from your action scenes and movies. In the end it's you who don't get the purpose and point of it, not us who can appreciate it for what it is. I wouldn't have posted something this hostile, but when I saw Krye take up the same view, I knew it had to be that of immense and utter fail.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Our tastes differ. I don't see why that should be a point of contention.

Maybe you fail to realize the feat this guy has already accomplished. But adding in a story, some stupid poses and corny dialogue would not help in the least. I mean, the reason I hate most of those characters in the first place is because they don't shut the fuck up and always talk about meaningless shit that drives me insane. But in this, everyone is silent and not saying anything that makes me sigh deeply and close my browser. Rinoa and Yuna are amongst the worst FF heroines ever, but they manage to be badass in this thanks to the lack of dialogue.

Edit: Things are made with a clear intention of what they are from the get go. You can't take something like this, add a few poses and some witty dialogue and expect it to just work. He's an animator, not a writer or anything else. So animation is what we expect to see and it's what we get.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole7
    Fuck off asshole. Without context, this is boring TO ME. After two minutes of waiting for it to be something other than just action, I lose interest. You have a different opinion and that's fine - why do I need to jump in front of a bus because I find this boring? Without context, I don't care who wins the fight, there's nothing at stake, it's just...pretty. That's what you like and it's fine. Again, it's fine. Just a difference of opinion.

I'm not suggesting he should make a huge fight scene with corny dialogue - I'm saying I'd prefer he used his significant talents of animation and applied them to something that is more than just a huge fight scene.

Ugh, okay, I edited to try to avoid this buuuuuut!

The animation is exactly what I'd like to see more of. He can animate flipping and bouncing seamlessly, but there's far more to animation to that. I think it would be entertaining to see him apply his talent to broader applications. Really, though, the only reason I mentioned anything in the first place was because I was bored by this video. I thought it lasted longer than it should have, and felt entirely pointless. Easy solution for me would be to include a plot, apparently that's not for you.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

What dialogue are you going to add to a fight like that?

"I am going to fight you" or similar calibur? Some cheezy HK-Hollywood lines? God no.

Sometimes it's better when nothing is said, this is one of those cases - no amount of dialogue would have changed this into a better movie, only worse.

If you are going after a clip with dialogue and story, this isn't for you, simple as that.
    Hardly a waste of talent, because the guy wasn't ever attempting to write a story to begin with. He showcases what he can do (animation) not 1 liners that make you groan.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    What dialogue are you going to add to a fight like that?
    I'm not advocating he change -this- thing. I wish he'd work on something -different-, that has a story.

When I saw Dead Fantasy 1, I thought "that was pretty cool, I'd like to see what he's going to do next". Then he did basically the EXACT SAME THING again with different choreography and characters, and I was disappointed. The first one interested me with its showcase of talent and potential, now he feels like a one-trick pony.

And clearly he has a captive audience who loves this stuff, so that may well work fine for him. It just doesn't work for me, as a minority audience member.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Anybody who clicked on the link, read the description of the video, and then claim it didn't have any deep, meaningful dialog needs to stand in front of the mirror and question their very own existence (zing!). What the hell were some of you expecting? Something in the veins of Lewis?

I'm a sinner and I've abandoned my child.
    Louder.
    I'm a sinner and I've abandoned my child.
    Louder!!
    I'm a sinner and I've abandoned my child!
    I CAN"T HEAR YOU!
    I'M A SINNER AND I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD!!

I honestly don't get what you were expecting, it's funny really.

Dead Fantasy I: Oh hey, that's a lot of fighting - oh it ended on a cliffhanger, I wonder what Dead Fantasy II will be about?

Dead Fantasy II: Oh, it's more fighting? I certainly didn't expect that! Where's the story, where's the character development and dynamics? BORING!