٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Re: 1UP Preview of WotG

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphusRagnarok
    People are all saying that. But if you think about it for a moment...CHR is related to the mouth right? (Speech, singing, etc.) None of this affects dancer. AGI is related to feet and movement, AGI is obviously higher on the demo character. Which makes a lot more sense than CHR.

CHR affects Dancing Edge. Unless your breath is made of millions of microscopic daggers, I don't know how a Dagger WS would be CHR based...

Charisma.. Dancing.. hello?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I think it will be SAM because in earlier interviews they have stated that Samurai was originally meant to be able to serve as a tanking/sub tanking job. With all the enhancements that have already come its way, it's already good at dealing damage and holding/taking hate enough. It would be very easy to see SAM being enhanced to do more what they originally foresaw.

Of course, the same also applies to WAR and MNK.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaidan
    I think it will be SAM because in earlier interviews they have stated that Samurai was originally meant to be able to serve as a tanking/sub tanking job.
    They never stated this.

Once it even came up when the interviewer said "Obviously samurai was a tank job with all the enmity on the AF, and ninja was a DD, however their roles ended up reversing when it came to play" and then SE said Samurai was never intended to be a tank.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Probably WAR... seems the most obvious one and will require the least changes. Perhaps make subbed Utsu give 4 shadows and increase the amount of haste available to WARs, then give us a cumulative-hate grabbing ability to supplement Provoke, for use on mobs that are resistant to our damage, and that might be enough.

i said all this stuff a while back and ppl called me a noob lol >.> and that WAR was fine as a tank.

I've sent SE numerous e-mails about JA proposals etc and ideas. i got 1 email back basically saying "we like your ideas and thoughts you have put into this thank you for your time" other than that was nothing more... i hope it's WAR cuz then would mean SE was thinking like me some :D

i really think it will be WAR it makes the most sence.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eva00r
    There is a JA effect in our previous preload called "THF_HATE". (Check out on the .DAT thread for altana view list)

IS THAT A CLUE?
    A+ evasion and 48 evasion bonus for tanking
    According to that site, which has posted up a list of the new job adjustments that SE has announced..

theres a new THF JA coming up called Accomplice that allows THF to steal hate from a party member.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Wow... and the mighty 1up.com comes crashing under the strain of a million rampaging fans.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You know, the MNK and Endgamer in me was hoping for Mnk tanking possibilities, but the still-levelling-PLD in me has just realised... Additions to a DD class to give them tanking capabilities would really kill PLD and NIN tanks through the levels. As it is PLDs get less popular at later levels due to their lack of DD capabilities compared to NIN. But if tanking capabilites (even if small improvements for mid level tanking) were added to WAR, MNK, or whatever decent DD, that'd really kill the popularity of other tanks.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Hmm.......... ANy guesses?
    Thief.
    Because nobody will see it coming.
    We have a winner.

Consider the requirements...

Major change- check (see more on this below)
    Must be a common job- even right now, THF is still one of the most popular low-level jobs (I have no idea why)
    Not going to replace current tanks on HNM- no real point in replacing 75NIN/x with 75THF/NIN; since Accomplice steals half the hate of the target, it's not wise to have someone spam up hate for THF to steal it

More on the "major" change: given that this ability is intended to be used to supplement low-level exp parties, it would have to be a low-level ability, in the LV10-20 range. Barring some sort of Call Wyvern exception, that would mean it'll be subbable. Now, given their statement of their intention to expand jobs horizontally, who might benefit from the ability to steal hate with /THF? Seigan SAM looks like a prime candidate, especially when you consider that they've already slapped a bullseye on that job for some vertical "adjustment".

Official prediction:

Accomplice is LV15, 60sec recast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6