Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Complete speculation: did the person popping PW have any current seals? There are 18 seals in total, wonder if the possibilities are linked to those. Obviously this may be as useless as Ebon panels but if you had a full set of seals again - wonder if it would make a difference?
    Could definitely be something to try for the next group (if any) that plans to attempt it. Although there's 20 forms and 18 seals, if this was the case would it be down to two forms total? Also if this was attempted all 18 seals would most likely have to be on the person popping the PW. That would take a very very long amount of preparation but would be easier compared to the 18 hour fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Really? I suppose AV is going to drop loot for all those people across timezones that dont understand what the fuck the other is saying simply because of language barriers?

Can you really say that statement out loud while taking yourself seriously? People do HNMs for loot and possibly a title so what incentive is there to work across language barriers and timezones? A pat on the back from the devs before they send the GMs to dissect how the fuck you solved their 'perfect creation' and how best they can punish you indirectly?

The "dream team" suggestion where people all band together across the server to kill one monster is best left in 2005 when people actually gave a fuck about jumping through hoops for Square-Enix.
    prove me wrong genius

Not everyone is gonna get a drop either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    Could definitely be something to try for the next group (if any) that plans to attempt it. Although there's 20 forms and 18 seals, if this was the case would it be down to two forms total? Also if this was attempted all 18 seals would most likely have to be on the person popping the PW. That would take a very very long amount of preparation but would be easier compared to the 18 hour fight.
    Wouldn't be too tough to atleast get the 3 tier 1 seals, maybe 3 tier 2 seals. Even with just 3 seals we should be able to notice a difference, if any. I don't think this is a viable strat though, just because it seems very unlikely that you have to farm 2 pandemonium wardens in order to kill 1. Still worth a shot though, no harm in spending an hour or two before your fight to check it.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

SE: Filling your inventory with 70 pieces of situational gear isn't enough!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Theory: Trade soulplate images of the various warden forms and lamp forms to NPC for Zeni and use those Zeni to buy your Pandy Key. Watch for any differences in strength, hp, etc, of popped forms. For those that popped it already, can you recall if any of your soulplates were of the various forms of PW and lamps?
    This entire ZNM system is based on soulplates, if there's a trick at all I think its going to be here.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by meson View Post
    Theory: Trade soulplate images of the various warden forms and lamp forms to NPC for Zeni and use those Zeni to buy your Pandy Key. Watch for any differences in strength, hp, etc, of popped forms. For those that popped it already, can you recall if any of your soulplates were of the various forms of PW and lamps?
    This entire ZNM system is based on soulplates, if there's a trick at all I think its going to be here.
    http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages...99A20B06C8.jpg

Sagacious Sundi

So in order to weaken the PW you have to fight it already? I hope you know that it's not just Zeni needed to get the key...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Theory: Trade soulplate images of the various warden forms and lamp forms to NPC for Zeni and use those Zeni to buy your Pandy Key.
    Haha, i hope this is a woosh. To even consider that SE would track a server-side metric, like Zeni, based on the mob you turned in is inane- let alone the idea you'd pop PW just for "tagged" plates..

Like i said, woosh me. please.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

EDIT: Sorry, it's been said. >_<

Blackice

Yes actually, one of our members took a couple snapshots of PW during the fight.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Reminds me of one of the theories someone posted on the AV thread that to weaken AV you have to had killed AV.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

i couldnt find the answer, but how much dmg did you do to pandy before he did his hellsnap (original form obviously)? i remember jack doing like a 200 bash on it lol, did you guys push it below 99? or?

Blackice

We put Bio on PW once got it to 99 before it warped out, also we had a RNG try to shoot one of his lamps pre-warp, and it said his ranged attack had no effect on it.

Edit: One BLM also tried to Burst II one of his lamps pre-warp and it also had no effect.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Reminds me of one of the theories someone posted on the AV thread that to weaken AV you have to had killed AV.
    Sorry, I meant the actual real versions of mobs that PW and his lamps turn into.

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    i couldnt find the answer, but how much dmg did you do to pandy before he did his hellsnap (original form obviously)? i remember jack doing like a 200 bash on it lol, did you guys push it below 99? or?
    I attacked it a few times in between mobs, lowest I could get it was 99. It always repopped at 100 though.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh this is getting good.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Was that an actual interview or did they just copypasta?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

R O F L

A. Body
    BG Level

I can't see this failing to deliver (though it still might.)